1 bunch of Methi (fenugreek leaves) was waiting for me. Now there are many dishes that can be cooked using methi. I would have almost opted for the Methi thepla but instead went for the simple Aloo Methi and Paratha.
The parathas can be made as per ur choice, plain, thick, layered whatever! What I am about to share is the most trusted Aloo Methi recipe. A simple yet exotic dish. The combination can almost give a tough competition to any Dum Aloo, Paneer Makhni or tikka.
Give it a try!
1 bunch of chopped fenugreek leaves
4 mdeium sized potatoes parboiled
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 medium sized tomato chopped
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 tspn turmeric
1 tspn red chilly powder
1 tspn garam masala
2 tspn Oil
salt to taste
lime juice (optional)
1) Heat a large kadai (deep pan) and oil till it becomes hot. Add cumin seeds and let it start popping up.
2) On high flame stir in chopped garlic, onions, turmeric and salt.
3) When the pan starts leaving the edges of the pan add finely chopped parboiled potatoes. Saute it till the potatoes are cooked. Cover for a while if required.
4) Add red chilly powder and stir. Later add chopped fenugreek leaves and stir well.
5) Reduce the flame to medium and let it cook. The leaves should appear crispy.
6) Now add chopped tomatoes and saute for 3-4 min until tomatoes are soft.
7) Add the garam masala and mix well.
8) Garnish with coriander and lime juice and serve with hot parathas.