I have come across some real interesting options. The first of the series is the green tomato chutney. Goes well with anything.. toasted bread, chips, cucumber, carrots etc.
I actually served with instant rava dosa.
Green Tomato Chutney
250 gm Green tomatoes
1 inch ginger
3-4 garlic cloves
2-3 green chillies
1 medium onions
1 cup coriander leaves
2 tspn oil
2) Heat a fry pan and oil. When hot add the cumin seeds and let them pop.
3) Now add the garlic, ginger and chilliies and stir well.
4)Add the onions and saute till they become soft.
5) Now add the chopped tomatoes and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the tomatoes appear cooked.
5) Transfer the mixture to a grinder and add coriander leaves. Blend to a fine paste.
6) Your dip is ready.
7) You can add a tempering of oil ,curry leaves, mustard seeds if you like.
Serve it with your choice of finger food!