This being the day 1 of the marathon, I had to make something outside the comfort zone and challenging. Also, I tried to look in my kitchen for ingredients rather than shopping to be most innovative. I have a fresh corn pod sitting in my fridge. So, here I am making the lollipops. Lollipops are primarily to make it interesting for the kids. Else these are good to go as cutlets as well.
1 corn pod
100 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
3 bread slice (crumbs)
2-3 green chillies (I omitted this for my kids share)
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 inch ginger paste
1 tspn garam masala
1/4 tspn Dry mango powder (aamchur)
salt to taste
1 cup of All purpose flour
1) Make a batter with the flour by adding 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of salt. The batter should coat the back of the spoon (pancake or idli batter consistency)
2) Roast the corn on gas stove until it is cooked well, should change color at the tip. Now remove the corns from the pod and also seperate the husk.
3) In a seperate bowl, mix the all of the remainingingredients with the corn and knead lightly. You should be able to form small balls with the mixture.
3) Now use the satay sticks or tooth picks (dipped in water) to form croquette shaped lollipops on the tooth picks.
4) Dip this stick in the flour batter and then drop them in hot oil in a frying pan.
5) Cook them on high flame until they turn golden in color.
6) Serve with your choice of sauce.
I had peanut sauce with me so I served it along with it. My son loved the combination, hope you enjoy it too.