A long time to do item on my list. This finally saw the day of light when I had some leftover roasted peanut powder when we made sabudana khichdi last week. Ohh did I miss posting it, will catch up again later
A simple recipe for the peanut sauce if you have the coconut milk handy.
½ cup roasted peanuts crushed
1 medium onion chopped finely
1 tspn garlic finely chopped
1 tspn lemon grass crushed/paste
1 inch ginger/ galangal
1 tspn lime juice
1 tspn soya sauce
1 tspn brown sugar
1 tspn butter
1 tspn red chilli powder
½ cup coconut milk (thick)
Salt to taste (soya sauce has some ,so taste before you add)
1) Heat a pan, add some butter and let it melt.
2) Add the chopped onions, garlic; ginger paste and sauté till the onions are cooked.
3) Add the lemon grass, sugar, soya sauce, red chilly and sauté further.
4) Add the coconut milk and peanut powder let it reduce to a sauce consistency.
5) Add salt to taste and take off the heat. Add lime juice and let it cool.
6) Pack in a jar and use it as required.
Stays well for a couple of weeks if refrigerated.