This is influenced from the garlic pot noodles that I often make. Sometimes, when I have all the ingredients to make Chinese style gravy the only thing that puts me off is the effort to make a noodle or rice dish that is equally tedious to go along with it. I prefer eating the hakka ,schezwan noodles or rice just by themselves, no gravies or sauces are needed with it. Similarly, I was always interested in looking for the best combination for Manchurian or hunan style sauces. This garlic rice pot is bang on. It has its own flavor and also lifts the taste of the accompaniment.
1 cup long grained rice
4-5 garlic cloves15 gm,
1 tbsp of butterSalt to taste
1) Cook the rice using 2 cups of water in an open pan stirring minimally. Add salt when it is just about 75% cooked
2) Pound the garlic in a using pestle and mix with the butter.
3) Add this butter to the rice pot and cover it instantly.
4) Remove from stove after few minutes and then stir with a fork.
5) Serve with your choice of sauce or gravy.