This time however, my focus was to get a cake, no way I was going to bother myself thinking about how it appeared. Reason- she would have to cut it in pastries to carry back home. She asked me to keep the frosting to minimum so that she could easily pack it.
Ingredients -9 inch pan
175 gm All purpose flour
50 gm cocoa powder
113 gm /4 oz butter at room temperature
100 gm of beaten curd (sour)
1 tbsp corn starch slurry
125 gm sugar (crystal)
2 tbsp warm milk
1 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn baking soda
1 tspn vanilla essence
For chocolate frosting
1 semi sweet chocolate bar(I used small bournville)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
50 gm butter
100 gm Icing sugar
1) Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder together.
2) In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Slowly add the curd and continue beating.
3) Add the corn starch slurry and mix well.
4) Fold in the flour mixture and vanilla essence
5) Line the cake tin wiwth parchment paper and pour the cake batter.
6) Bake for 20-25 min in a preheated oven at 180c.
7) In a bowl, melt the chocolate by double boiling or microwaving on high for 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well with a whisk.
8) Let the cake cool on wire rack. Cut it horizontally and place the uneven layer below. Pour half the frosting on it and sandwich it.
9) Pour the remaining frosting on top and cover well. Add whipped cream on top if you lie.
|Leave it in refrigerator to cool down and for the frosting to set|