One of the dishes that I really enjoyed eating was the chana which were served with puri. I never knew back then that it was so easy to make them.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
200 gms Whole Black Gram (Kale Chane)
2 tspn chilly powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 1/2 tspn Dry Mango powder
2 tspn coriander+ cumin powder
Salt to taste
Oil to cook (2 tbsp)
1) Soak the lentils overnight (6 hours). Pressure cook them using twice the amount of water until they are well cooked (3 whistles minimum)
2) Drain the water and reserve. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well in the chana.
3) In a large pan, heat some oil, add the chana and saute for 4-5 min.
4) Add the drained water little at a time until it is well absorbed. Do not evaporate the water completely if you plan to eat the chana little later as the chana will become very dry.
5) Garnish with chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander and serve with puris.