To fix this problem, I am inventing newer dishes using oats. I ask him daily what does he feel like eating for breakfast and then make that dish using oats 🙂
So today it was dosa.
Ingredients (Make 12-15)
1 cup Rolled Oats (Quaker!)
1 cup Beaten Rice (Poha)
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 tspn cumin seeds
salt to taste
Oil to brush the griddle (Optional)
1) Lightly roast the oats in a pan for 2-3 minutes. In a bowl, mix the oats and poha in 3 cups water.
2) Add the onion, cumin seeds, green chillies, salt and mix well and let the batter stand for 10 min. If the water is soaked up then add more to make the consistency of dosa.I ended up using about 4 cups.
3) Heat the griddle, and brush it with oil (skip if you use non stick). Pour a laddle full of batter and spread it using the laddle in circular motion to form thin layer. The texture would be of set dosa (no thinner than that!)
4) If the dosa does not leave corners then cover the pan and let it stand for 1 min. Then remove the cover and flip over. Add some drops of oil if required.
5) Let it become on brown on both sides.
Serve with chutney of your choice.
My place the dosas vanished as soon as they came off the pans so chutney/ podis were not needed.