Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Broken Wheat (lapsi)
1 tspn mustard seeds
1 tspn cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
1 tspn sugar
1 tspn green chillies + ginger + garlic paste
salt to taste
3 cups water
3-4 chopped cashewnuts (optional)
Chopped coriander for garnishing
1) In a microwave safe bowl, add some oil, mustard seeds and cook it on 100% for 30 seconds.
2) Add the cumin seeds ,pinch of asafoetida, cashews, green chilly paste and cook for another 30 seconds.
3) Add the Oats and stir and cook for another 1 min.
4) Stir and add the broken wheat and return to the microwave and cook for 1 min.
5) Add water , salt, sugar and stir well.
6) Microwave for 2 min or until water is absorbed.
7) Garnish with coriander or coconut and serve.
Sending this to my own event MEC which I am guest hosting for Srivalli