Only if I had known that this is easier than baking a cake I would have made plenty of it up until now. Some dishes are so easily available with Mum or MIL that you never bother to ask for recipe. You simply devour the served quantity and move on.
Better sense prevailed and learnt this indian biscuits from MIL this time around.
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil / Clarified Butter (Ghee)
a pinch of salt
All purpose flour (Appx 500 gm)
Oil to cook
1) Measure sugar, ghee and milk and pour in a pot.
2) Mix it all well.
3) On a low to medium heat cook until the sugar gets dissolved
4) In a bowl, take the all purpose flour and make a well in the centre. Pour the milk mixture and for a stiff dough. Keep adding APF as much as the mixture can soak in.
5) The dough should have a crumbly texture. Cover it with damp cloth and let it rest for 10 min.
6) Make balls and roll out roti size.
7) Using a cutter cut small cubes.
8) Deep fry in medium hot oil.
9) Remove when it is golden in color.