1/2 Kg small potatoes (dum aloo)
1 cup hung curd
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn chat masala
1 tbsp Chickpea flour
1/2 tspn garam masala
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tspn Oil
1) Wash and peel potatoes. Poke them with a fork or knife to make holes all along.
2) Mix all the ingredients excluding the oil and mix well.
3) Preheat oven at 180c. Line a baking tray with a sheet.
4) Drizzle the tray with oil.
5) Put the potatoes in the masala well until all sides are well coated.
6) Place it on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn around the potatoes after 8 min.
7) Serve with more chopped coriander.
You can also use microwave for cooking this, albeit the fragrance of slow cooking is lost. You can marinate for half an hour then microwave for 3 min on high power and then on medium for 1 min(repeating until you are satisfied- usually 3-4 min on medium).
You can also simply shallow fry on griddle until the potatoes are cooked and crispy from outside.
Sending this to
– Vardhini’s Bake Fest
– Kavi’s HCC Event which is Smitha’s brainchild
– Krithi’s Serve it Savory Baked Co-hosted for Denny
– Khusi’s Bake with your Heart