Any way coming back to today’s dish. This is quiet an easy prep. I have had nightmares while making them during my early days of cooking though. The reason it failed was the way I cooked my rice and the amount of moisture left in the vegetables.
1 cup long grained rice (Basmati)/ Noodles
3 spring onions leaves finely chopped (greens separated)
1 carrot thinly sliced
1/2 cup of french beans cut in julienne
1 capsicum thinly sliced
1 cup cabbage thinly shredded
2 tspn Soya sauce
1 tspn green chilli sauce
1 tspn white vinegar
1 tspn garlic crushed
1 tspn ginger finely chopped
salt to taste
1 tspn black pepper powder(optional)
1) Cook the rice in 2 cups of water with some oil and salt). Drain the water when the rice is 75 % done. Fluff it with a fork and keep it aside. If using noodles, then cook them as per instructions, mix with some oil and then set aside.
2) In a large wok, heat some oil, on a higg flame, saute the ginger, garlic and onions(no greens).
3)Next add all the veggies one after the other sauteing them constantly. If the vegetables are oozing lot og mixture keep stirring constantly on high flame and keep stirring until most of the moisture evaporates.
4)Next add the soyasauce, green chilli sauce , pinch of salt and black pepper and saute again.
5) Add the rice and cover for it to be cooked completely.
6) Add the vinegar and spring onion greens and saute again.
7) If the rice appears to be undone then keep sprinkling with water until you are satisfied.
Serve hot with your choice of gravy of all 3 sauces.