So I have made the cauliflower pretty much the same way as my mom does except for a few tweaks here and there.
2 cups whole wheat flower
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato ketchup (Optional)
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric
1/2 tspn garam masala
1 tspn coriander-cumin powder
1 tspn chat masala( you know my husband thinks I cannot survive without this, love the taste cant help)
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
Oil to cook
salt to taste
1) In a bowl, take the wheat flower, a pinch of salt, a tspn of oil and using little water , make a stiff dough.
2)Boil the cauliflower for 2 min to kill the germs and then rinse under tap water. Finely chop or grate the cauliflower and set aside.
3)In a wok, heat some oil, add the ginger garlic paste and onions and saute till they are cooked. Next add the tomatoes and saute again.
4) Now add all the dry spices except for the chat masala and saute until all the moisture is evaporated.
5)Add the tomato ketchup and the grated cauliflower and saute until the ketchup is absorbed by the cauliflower and cooked.
6)Add salt and chat masala as per taste. The mixture should be set aside to rest until it comes to room temperature.
7) Take small balls of the dough and stuff the cauliflower stir fry in it and seal from all ends.
8) Using dry flour for dusting gently tap the paratha with hands and then gently roll them out.
9) Roast on griddle on one side on slow flame until spots appear, flip over and increase the flame and apply some ghee or oil and roast well on both sides, do not flip more than 2 times per side.
Serve with raita, curd, chutney or ketchup