I am talking about the vegetables in particular. Most times, for 2 grown ups and 1 kid we never get to use enough quantities of any vegetables at one go.
The usual option of using up all the vegetables is sambhar.
But this time, I was in a mood to make something different for our lunch box. But lack of time and morning chores barely leave enough time for gourmet style cooking. What I ended up cooking was an amazingly delicious recipe.
1/4 cup Okra
1/4 cup gherkins (tindli)
1 onion finely sliced ( I used spring onions, but would prefer regular next time)
100 gm cabbage
1 tspn garam masala
1 tspn red chilli powder
1/2 tspn turmeric
1/2 tspn dry mango powder
2 small tomatoes finely chopped
1 tbsp thick milk cream
1 tbsp curd
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) In a pan , heat some oil, add the vegetables(except onions and tomatoes)) one after the other and saute till they are well cooked.
2) Remove them and set aside.
3) In the same pan, add the onions and saute until they are tender and cooked, next add the tomatoes and stir it well.
4) Add the masalas and saute again.
5)Add the curd , milk cream and mix well again.
6) When the oil starts separating, add the stir fried vegetables and saute until they are well coated.
7) Serve with your choice of roti or Naan.
I packed them with Kalonji Naan and cucumber raita.