Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)
1 1/2 cup rice (basmati preferred)
1/2 cup corn kernerls
1 cup chopped fenugreek leaves
1 small onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
1 cup milk
2 cups water
1/4 th cup milk cream
1 tspn garam masala
1 tspn red chilli powder
2 tspn butter/ oil
1 tspn cumin seeds
2-3 cardamom pods
2-3 garlic cloves crushed (optional)
salt to taste
1) In a large deep dish, heat some oil, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter. Next add the cardamom pods, garlic and saute
2) Add the onions and saute until they are pink.
3) Add the tomatoes and saute again. Add all the dry masala powders and stir well.
4) Add the corn kernels and saute again.
5) Add the fenugreek leaves and saute until they are wilted.
6)Now add the washed rice to the mixture and stir well.
7)Mix the water and milk (slightly warm). Add this to the rice pot along with salt.
8) Cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
9)Open the pot and add the milk cream (beaten) and using a slotted spoon or fork, gently stir it in.
10) Cover and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the rice is done.
I served with dal fry and papaddam.