He calls dal, chawal, roti sabzi as real food. Everything else are fillers. Anyway back to the topic of conversation, ofcourse you can was my answer. But I had to kill the challenge in his tone with an evidence.
Thats how this super delicious recipe was created in a microwave in flat 11 min.
Ingredients (for 2 servings) ~
1 cup soya chunks
1 bunch of Spinach
1 medium onion
1 medium tomato
1 inch ginger
a tspn garlic / 3-4 garlic cloves
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 tspn red chilli powder
1/2 tspn garam masala
1 tspn Oil (1 tbsp in case on stove top cooking) No mw company is paying me anything for this
Method I (stove top – 40 min )
1) Boil a large pot of water. When the water starts boiling, drop the soya chunks and let it simmer for about 5-10 min. Alternatively switch off the stove and let the chunks soak in it for about 30 -40 min.
2)Chop the onions in thin slices, tomatoes roughly.
3) Crush the ginger and garlic.
4) Heat a pan. Add the oil.
5) When the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
6)Add the onions and saute until they are soft
7)Add the tomatoes , ginger and garlic and saute until they are well cooked.
8)Chop the spinach roughly. Add to the pan and saute for few more minutes.
9) Add chilli powder, salt, garam masala and stir well.
10) Let the mixture cool down. Grind it using a hand blender or a grinder to form a coarse paste.
11) Add it back to the pan.
12) Squeeze the excess water from the soya chunks and wash them again under tap water( this removes the strange odour.
13) Add this to the spinach gravy and let it cook.
14) Add more water if required.
Serve with rice or roti.
Method II (microwave – 11 min )
1) In a microwave safe large bowl, add about 3 cups of water, a pinch of salt and soya chunks.
2) MW on high for 3 minutes.
3) In the meantime, roughly chop the onions, tomatoes and spinach. Crush the ginger and garlic and set aside
3) Remove the chunks and squeeze excess water. Run it under tap water and set aside
4) In the microwave bowl, take 1 tspn of oil and cumin seeds. MW for 30-40 seconds.
5) Remove the bowl. Add onions, tomatoes, ginger,garlic, spinach, 2 tbsp water,garam masala, salt, red chilli powder.
6) Mw on high for 4 min.
7) Using a hand blender, grind the spinach mixture to form a puree.
8) Add the squeezed soya chunks and microwave on 70% for another 2 min.