I had some creamed corn which was long overdue to be used. I also remembered about the Magic mingle challenge for this month.
This is how today’s recipe was born. I ofcourse have tasted this before and it is not my invention as such.
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tspn plain flour/ corn flour (optional if you add 1 egg)
1 tbsp Oil/ butter
1/2 cup warm milk
1 cup cream style corn
1 cup grated carrot/ zucchini/ onion
salt to taste
for serving along , salsa
1 medium tomato finely chopped
1 cucumber finely chopped
1 avocado finely chopped
a green chilli finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp coriander
1) Beat the creamed corn with milk, butter, grated carrot and salt.
2) Add the flours and mix well until it is a smooth batter.
3) Heat a pan or griddle. Brush it with enough oil.
4) Drop small spoon of mixture on the hot pan. Let it cook. Brush with oil and flip over
5) Repeat for remaining batter
6) Mix the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Season with some salt
7) Serve the fritters with the fresh salsa.