Can’t stop yumming over these cookies. They are nice and crunchy outside , soft and chewy within. They also melt in the mouth leaving a lovely aromatic taste. Oats make them earthy in taste, the walnuts offer the crunch and coconut the flavor. I cannot stop raving about them if you allow me to jabber more.
Lets see the recipe
1 cup Rolled Oats (Quaker porridge Oats are fine)
¾ cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Granulated Sugar
½ cup Desiccated Coconut
¼ cup crushed walnuts
50 gms Butter
2 tbsp milk
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the Oats, flour,crushed walnuts, desiccated coconut. Mix well and set aside
2) In a sauce pan, add butter, mik and sugar. Mix roughly.
3) Heat the sauce pan until the butter and sugar melt to form a mixture (reminds me of Shankarpali now)
4) Pour the sugar mixture in the oat mixture
5) Keep mixing till it is homogeneous. Do not panic thinking you added too much liquid. The oats keep absorbing the liquid . You may have to add more milk for the later batches as well
6) Preheat the oven at 180c
7) Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
8) Using a spoon drop the oats mixture and flatten them using the back of the spoon . Note the batter will not be like regular cookies. It will be like Rava Ladoo(closest I could get)
9) No need to shape the cookies as they will eventually spread while baking
10) Bake for 8-10 min strictly
11) Remove and let them cool. The cookies will harden as they cool so don’t push them back in oven if they appear chewy.
Melt away in the godly flavor