MIL said that I should keep them in stock round the year considering there are small imps running in and out of house to play with my own.
I had some of the ingredients stocked up but had no plans to get into the messy affair. My little nephews are on a short visit here so it was on agenda to bake a cake.
1 3/4 cups Self raising flour
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Softened Butter( I used half butter + half oil)
1 cup Curd
2-3 Tbsp Warm Milk
for icing (middle layer)
1/2 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Paste (Nutella)
2 tbsp warm milk
for icing (top)
50 gm Dark Chocolate
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
25 gm Butter
Crushed toasted hazelnuts (for sprinkling on top)
1 Ferrero Roucher style truffle
1) In a large bowl, add the butter, sugar, curd and beat together
2) Seive the flour + cocoa powder together
3) Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold well
4) Add the milk and mixuntil you get a smooth batter
5) In a preheated oven bake the cake (9″ round pan) for 40 min at 180c.
6)For the middle layer icing, beat the chocolate hazelnut paste with warm milk to form a smooth paste. Set aside Icing no. 1
7) Warm the cream till it is slightly hot.
8) In a bowl, mix the chocolate (chopped roughly), butter. Pour the cream on top. Mix with a fork
9) Beat in the icing sugar to form a smooth paste. Icing no. 2
10)In the meanwhile check the cake with a spaghetti
11) When done, let it cool
12) Cut the cake in the center to make 2 halves
13)On one layer, spread the Icing no 1
14) Place the second half of the cake on top
15) Spread the icing no 2 on top.
16) Sprinkle the hazelnut powder on the edges.
17) Place the ferrero roucher truffle in the center.
Set in refrigerator for 20 min to set well.
GET LOST…in the yumminess