1/2 cup Kidney beans/Rajma (soaked overnight)
1 cup Black lentils (soaked overnight)
1 large onion finely chopped
2 large tomatoes pureed
2 tspn ginger garlic paste
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn coriander cumin powder
1 tspn garam masala powder
1 cup full fat cream/ low fat skimmed milk
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 tbsp Butter- I skipped this
salt to taste
1) Pressure cook the soaked dals (post washing) with a pinch of salt until it is cooked.- 3 whistles
2) Mash the cooked dals and set aside
3) In a large sauce pan, heat some oil.
4)Add the cumin seeds. Let it splutter
5) Add the onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute till it is very well cooked.
6)Add the pureed tomatoes and let it cook until the raw smell vanishes.
7)Add the dry masala powders and continuing sauteing.
8) Add the cup of cream and conitnue stirring.
9) When the gravy appears to be flavorful you can add the mashed dals and mix well.
10) Add the salt to season it further.
11) Add a spoonful of butter on top and serve hot.