When my kid ran into the room he immediately said…give me the tomato sandwich..I dont remember talking about any sandwich for him that day but I took cue and immediately made this instant sandwich. You dont have to wait for days of sunlight for this yummy sandwich. It is instant and perfect snack for 4 PM.
Most days this summer I have realized that what my kid has been asking or looking for is some snack that is not dry. He tends to avoid eating food that is not warm to eat.
2 tomatoes thinly sliced
1/2 cup rough cut cheese (cheddar)
Brown bread slices (2 per sandwich)
1 tspn salt
black pepper crushed
2 tspn Olive oil
1/2 tspn crushed garlic
1) Sprinkle salt ,garlic and black pepper on the tomato slices and set aside (atleast 15 min). Drain off the water and drizzle olive oil on it.
2) Toast the bread slices on a flat griddle or automatic toaster.
3) Spread the tomato slices and cheese on the bread slice.
4) Cover it with another toasted bread
4) Add a dollop of butter or flavored butter(check here)
Munch on a juicy sandwich.