My little one loves dosas and often eats them by rolling it into a wrap holding in one hand while cycling his 2 wheeler from one room to another. But..(the but, but!) , he is very particular about the taste. Unfortunately the fermented dosas become sour in the evenings so I have been avoiding it as an evening snack. This is when I came across the recipe for sponge dosa. I wanted to try this for long time but came around making it only yesterday. This has no bearing to the name of any of the recipes you are used to as I always have a spun off version,
2 cups Rice flour
1 cup sour buttermilk
1/2 cup Beaten rice / Poha
1 pinch baking soda
salt to taste
1) Mix all the ingredients in a large pot and stir well.
2) Add more water if the consistency appears to be thick, it should be thinner than the regular dosa batter.
3) Heat a non stick griddle. Brush with some oil if required
4) Pour the dosa batter using a large ladle.
5) Gently spread it – No need to spread it thin.
6) Cover the pan.
7) Lift the lid after 3-4 min. Flip over and cook the other side for 2 min.
8) Serve with chutney of your choice.