1 cup Vermicelli (I use home made by mom)
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tspn Split Black lentil (washed and soaked water)
1 tspn Split Bengal Gram (washed and soaked water)
2 green chillies finely chopped
a sprig of curry leaves
1 tbsp Oil
1 tspn Mustard seeds
1 tspn Cumin seeds
1 pinch asafoetida
1 tspn sugar
1 tspn lemon juice
salt to taste
1) In a large non stick frying wok/kadai dry roast the crushed vermicelli till they are slightly colored.
2) Remove the vermicelli and set it aside
3) Heat the oil in the wok, add mustard seeds. Let them splutter
4) Add the asafoetida and cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds crackle.
5) Now add the Black lentils, Bengal gram and Curry leavesLet it roast.
6) Add the green chillies, sugar and saute.
7) Add the onions and saute till they are soft and pink
8) Add 2.5 cups of water, salt and lemon juice.
9) When the water starts boiling , add the roasted vermicelli.
10) Keep stirring till the water is absorbed.
Serve hot with coriander or coconut for garnish