I used ready made cake batter which is rare for me since a while but I had to use up the packet DH picked recently from supermarket. I was pretty happy with the results.
200 gms Cake Batter (I used Nestle’s Milkmaid ready to cook batter)
150 ml Soda water
50 gms butter
for mango sauce
2 ripe mangoes
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 kiwi thinly sliced
2 tbsp raw sugar/ brown sugar/ demerera sugar
1) Grease a 6 inch round pan. Preheat the oven at 180c for 5 min.
2) In a bowl, beat the butter and add the cake mix to eat.
3) Now add little soda at a time and fold in well using a spatula.
4) In the cake pan, sprinkle some sugar and then lay the chopped kiwi fruit on it.
5) Pour the cake batter on top.
6) Bake for 30 min or until the cake is cooked. Check with a spaghetti or toothpick in the centre.
7) In another pan, add chopped mangoes, butter and sugar.
8) Cook the mangoes until it becomes like a sauce About 10-12 min.
9) Using a hand mixer beat to make a smooth consistency sauce.
10) Turn the cake on a serving plate.
11) When it is still warm, pour the sauce on top.
12) Add another piece of fresh kiwi for garnishing.