Last sunday I made these instant parathas stuffed with paneer bhurji and served with ketchup…was polished off in no time…For some reason, I feel safer to feed paneer over cheese for the sheer fact that I make paneer at home….so much for adulteration…only worry that I do not milk the buffalo – umm…maybe some day.
Ingredients (for 4 kid size servings)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tspn Oil
1 cup water
salt to taste
1 cup paneer crushed by hand
1 medium size onion finely chopped
1 medium size tomato finely chopped
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1.5 tspn pav bhaji masala/ garam masala + dry mango powder
salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1) In a large bowl, prepare the dough by mixing the flour, oil, salt and water. Knead well and set aside for the time you are preparing the filling.
2) In a pan, heat some oil, add the onion and saute
3) Next add the tomato along with chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, turmeric and salt.
4) When the tomato mixture starts oozing out some oil, add the paneer and saute for another 5 min till the mixture is completely dry.
5) Let it cool down.
6) Make small balls of the dough. Roll it out flat and stuff the filling in the centre.
7) Cover it from all ends to enclose the stuffing in it.
8) Roll out the stuffed dough ball using some dry flour in flat breads.
9) On a hot griddle, roast the rolled out bread. Brush some oil on the top to get nice crispy layer.
10) Repeat for all…
Serve with sauce or chutney