Since then I launched the mission…so replaced the potatoes with only sprouted moong. Reduced the amount of sweet sauce. You got the point right by now…looking for recipe that will let me make puris without deep frying it.
In my quest for pani puri – Puris , I have often ended up making the papdis or flat puris used for other chat items. This is also a good snack to munch on.
I use whole wheat flour and broken wheat(lapsi) rava to make these.
Spot the tiny bump I got this time around….
1 cup Broken Wheat Semolina (lapsi crushed to fine rawa in a mixie)
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tspn baking soda
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
salt to taste
any other seasonings (optional)
1) In a large bowl, mix the flours, semolina and salt.
2) Add oil to the flour mixture and rub it well
3) Add baking soda and little water at a time to form a stiff dough.
4) Roll out small puris after 10 min
5) You can deep fry these puris at this stage to make your pani puri, puris , or puncture the air bubbles by making slots on the rolled puris and deep fry to make flat puris
6) For baking, on a lined baking sheet, set these puris. Brush with some oil on both sides to avoid sticking
7) In preheated oven, bake the puris for 8-10 min at 220 c
8) In microwave , you can cook these for 30 sec each side on high power.
Snack them as is or use them to make your favorite chat……Guilt free