With all the constraints, I decided to try one side dish without using green chillies as per her instructions. She still praises me for that dish and says that she remembers it as the most fulfilling meal throughout her pregnancy.
Now you dont have to be pregnant to eat this beautiful combination…
1 cup Split Green Lentils (moong dal)
1 cup thick yogurt
1 cup chopped Spinach/ Spring Onions/Fenugreek leaves
2 tspn crushed black pepper
1 tspn Vegetable Oil
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
salt to taste
1) Soak the split lentils in water for atleast an hour. Wash ,drain and set aside
2) In a wok/ kadai, heat some oil.
3) Add the soaked green lentils and saute.
4) Add the turmeric powder
5) Add the chopped greens and saute
6) Now add 1/4 cup water and let it cook till it is soaked up.
7) Add salt and little black pepper
8) Remove from the flame and let it stand.
9) Add the yogurt and mix well.
10) Garnish with crushed black pepper.
My little one’s licks of his dish whenever I have served him.