It really does not need you to be very skill ful with your carvings.
Potatoes (preferably large ones)
Oil to fry
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Peel the potatoes.
2) Cut them in 1/2 inch thick round discs
3) Using a knife, carve a smile and 2 holes to indicate eyes
4) In a large pot containing water, parboil these smiley faces. About 10 min
5) Strain them
6) Deep fry these on medium flame till they are nice and crispy
7) Darin them on paper towel.
8) Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Serve them to some excitedly smiling kids…