Well then if doc insists, who am I to complain…you find your reason to indulge, I have mine 😉
5-6 baby potatoes (peeled, pricked and soaked in salted water)
1 large onion
3 medium tomatoes
1 tspn ginger paste
1 tspn garlic paste
1 bay leaf
1 black cardamom
2-3 green cardamom
2 tspn roasted poppy seeds fine paste
1 tspn garam masala (optional – Mine has most ingredients, you can add more spices along with yours)
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn coriander cumin powder
1 tbsp curd
2 tbsp Clarified butter/ Ghee
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1) Grind the onions and tomatoes individually to make paste/ puree
2)In a large pan, heat some ghee. Add the soaked potatoes and saute them until they are crispy from outside. You can alternatively deep fry them
3) Remove the potatoes and let them stand
4) In the pan, add some cooking oil.
5) Add the onion paste and saute it till oil starts separating around the edges
6) Add the tomato puree, curd, ginger garlic paste, bay leaf, cardamoms and saute until the tomatoes are well cooked
7)Next add the poppy seeds paste along with red chilli, turmeric, coriander cumin and garam masala.
8) Continue cooking for another 2-3 min. Add water if required.
9) Add the fried potatoes and cover the pan
10) Let this simmer for another 8-10 min or until potatoes are cooked.
Serve with your favorite roti