You try and let me know which one your family preferred…
3-4 large starchy potatoes
2 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp hung fresh cream
1 tbsp roughly chopped raisins
salt to taste
1 large onion paste
3 tomatoes pureed/ 1 cup curd
5-6 cashew paste
1/2 cup cream
1 tspn garam masala
2-3 green cardamom
1 tspn red chilly/ white pepper powder
1 tspn turmeric (optional)
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) Boil the potatoes , peel them and mash
2) Add the corn flour and salt to the mash and mix well. Make small balls and set aside
3) Add the chopped raisins and coriander to the hung cream and mix well.
4) Stuff the cream mixture in the centre of the potato balls. Seal well from all sides
5) Keep them in refrigerator for 10-15 min until they are firm
6) Deep fry these balls and set aside- Koftas are ready
7)In a deep sauce pan, heat some oil.
8) Add the onion paste and on slow flame cook till the onions smell sweet…let them caramelize slowly, the pungent smell should disappear. The curry should taste sweeter as compared to other gravies.
9)Add the tomato puree / curd. Let it simmer
10) Add the cashew paste, and let it simmer
11) Add the red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, green cardamom and some water . Let the gravy simmer. Add the fresh cream and continue cooking without stirring.
12) Add the koftas just before serving.
Serve with your choice of roti