One surprise combination was teaming this gravy with dosa which was invented by my little one. I often make some rice for him but since this time I made noodles for us, so did some dosas for him. I was quite surprised by the combination though, it tasted fabulous.
Give it a try yourself.
For now giving you the recipe for this gravy…
The gravy is dominated with the capsicum’s flavor and is usually spicy. Since indian capsicums are not very hot, I have added chopped green chillies to get the punch.
1 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower)
1 spring onion finely sliced, greens to be chopped roughly
1 capsicum finely chopped
1 bunch of bok choy / spinach – roughly chopped
1 cup chopped paneer/ tofu
2 tspn dark soy sauce
1 tspn vinegar (rice or dark vinegar)
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 tspn ginger finely chopped
1 tspn garlic finely chopped
2 tspn corn flour mixed in water
salt and pepper to taste
oil to cook
1) In a wok, heat some oil.
2) Add the chopped ginger ,garlic , green chillies.Saute
3) Add the other chopped vegetables. Saute on high flame for 2-3 min
4) Add the spring onions, capsicum. Saute them till they are soft on high flame
5) Add the chopped spinach and bok choy
6) Add 4 cups of water along with corn starch slurry
7) Add the soy sauce, vinegar and stir it
8) Add salt and pepper to taste.
9) Let the gravy simmer for 5 min
10) Add the tofu or paneer . Let it stand for 2 min
Serve with your choice of rice or noodles. I served with garlic pot noodles and rava dosa 🙂