Rajani’s mujadara is just one of them. We tried it for today’s lunch and enjoyed every bit of it. This tastes different from regular khichdis due to the intense flavors of ginger garlic mixed with crispy onions.
1 cup basmati rice
1/4 cup Split Green lentils with skin
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
1 onion sliced thin and long
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tspn coriander cumin seeds powder
1 tspn garam masala
1 tspn red chilli powder
salt to taste
1) Cook the rice and lentils in separate containers , slightly undone, using twice the amount of water and 2 whistles each in pressure cooker
2)In a large pan, add butter and oil.
2) When hot, add the sliced onions, keep stirring until the onions are crispy. Drain and keep aside
3)In the same pan, add the ginger garlic paste. Saute it
4) Add the cooked lentils, rice and the rest of ingredients. Stir well.
5) Add salt and cover with lid.
6) After about 5 min, serve hot with sprinkled onions on top.
I served this with yogurt from the pack. This was delicious and the onions added a nice crunch.