This is a meal on its own when combined with the right set of ingredients..
For BM 21, I picked the upma varieties , so I will be sharing some interesting upma recipes over the next few days…
7-8 brown bread slices
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tspn lemon juice
1 tspn red chilli powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn sugar
salt to taste
2 tson oil
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
1/2 tspn cumin seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
Coriander and Sev for garnishing
1) Crush the bread in mixie or crush with hand to make fine semolina like mixture
2) In a pan, heat the oil.
3) Add the mustard seeds, asafoetida. When it crackles add the cumin seeds.
4) Add the chopped onions next and saute until they are soft
5) Add the bread mixture and rest of ingredients
6) Saute until the bread mixture is crunchy
7) Add the lemon juice in the end
8) Serve with garnishings