for your enthusiastic response.
And now a very warm welcome to Magic Mingle – Edition 11 . As most of you might be aware about the arrival of Kalyani’s little princess by now….it was only logical to give the mother daughter duo the much needed rest. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to host Magic Mingle # 11 for this month at my space
For all members who are awaiting
month, the magic ingredients are ……
….Potatoes and Cumin seeds
this one may please many back home, for being a maharashtrian and surviving in a strictly no eggs allowed vegetarian household, potatoes and cumins work as staples without which the kitchen may fall apart. The average maharashtrian family consumes basic aloo jeera veggie or Puneri Aloo as we call it atleast once a week.
The combination is indeed magical especially when you combine the starchiness of potatoes with the earthiness of cumins. Health benefits I am not too sure about to harp about but knowing the many generations that have survived and outlived many of the counter non vegetarians only goes to indicate that something about this combo works well for overall health…
Important points to note before linking your entries:
1) All dishes to be vegetarian and eggless only (non-veg/ alcohol etc strictly not allowed)
2) Only new entries are accepted and any number of new entries per member are accepted.
3) This dish could be across cuisine(Lebanese/Asian/Mediterranean/Continental/Indian/ Chinese
etc) and course (Breakfast/Lunch/snack/appetiser/dessert/Dinner)
4) The 2 magic ingredients should feature as major ingredients in the dish and NOT as garnish. Both the ingredients are to be used in the same dish
5) All the dishes are to have the logo indicated above mandatorily and the entries need to be linked to the linky tool only. This link is up from 1st November 2012 to 15th November 2012
6) Once you post and link your entry (using the linky tool at the end of this post) between 1st and 15th of November,mail the entry URL to the google groups email ID –
email@example.com with the subject line “MM# 11 November 2012”.
Note for Ingredients
For eg: Cumin is allowed in whole or powdered forms.
Potatoes can be used in any form boiled, stir fried, steamed, baked. Sweet potatoes are not allowed as it is assumed to be a different ingredient for MM. However, you may use pink, purple potatoes of the same family.
Please remember these two ingredients must feature as one of the main ingredients for
the SAME DISH and not as garnish.
Hope you are excited and would link your entries soon.If you are unable to link your dish, please mail me at our googlegroup email ID.
Let the Magic begin….http://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=197185