This one was made last night for a quick late evening snack that ended up being my dinner as well. This is going to stay around for many days to come..
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
4 medium tomatoes (roughly chopped)
1 medium potato (peeled and roughly chopped
1 medium onion roughly chopped
3-4 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 inch ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1 tspn red chilly powder
1 tspn maggi masala cube (optional)
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn sugar
salt to taste
1 tspn oil
1) In a pressure cooker, heat some oil, saute the chopped onions , garlic and ginger
2) Add the chopped potatoes and saute
3) Add the chopped tomatoes and rest of the ingredients and about 2.5 cups of water
4) Cover the pressure cooker and let it cook for 5-8 min (2 whistles)
5) Open the cooker after it cools down and mix the well.
6) Pass this through a sieve or mesh to strain the mixture. Mash the potatoes as much as possible to get some texture and thickness for the soup.
7) Serve garnished with coriander/ parsley or bread croutons