1.5 cups cashew nuts powder (raw cashews pulsed in mixie)
1 cup sugar (plain castor)
1/2 cup water
a pinch of saffron
2 tbsp milk (optional)
1) In a deep non stick pan, mix the water and sugar. Dissolve the sugar as much as you can.
2) Put on heat, low medium flame, do not stir and wait till the sugar is completely dissolved and the starts simmering.
3) Add the saffron strands at this stage.
4) Next lower the gas flame and quickly add the cashew nut powder. Keep stirring while you add the powder.
5) Cook until the mixture starts forming dough like consistency.
6) Remove from the gas and let it stand until it is pliable
7) Now on a flat base, knead the dough and then roll it out using a plastic sheet or cling film on top
8) When rolled out to desired thickness. Cut out diamond shapes
9) Decorate with silver foil or chopped nuts of your choice.