We were setting up the Xmas tree and showing them how to decorate it and all that. To complete the scene, I decided to bake something quick and easy. This is how this recipe was born and stayed with me ever since.
It is actually an any occassion cup cake but my association with it is during this wintery xmas period. Comes in handy when you are unsure of the number of guests coming in.
1.5 cups plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 mid size banana mashed/ pureed
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup choco chips
1 tspn baking powder
1 pinch of baking soda
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp milk(optional)
1) Preheat the oven at 180 c for 10-15 min
2) Beat the oil, sugar, banana until it is well blended and sugar has dissolved.
3) Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and fold it well
4) If the batter appears to thick or sticky then add milk.
5) Add the choco chips and gently mix in.
6) Line the muffin tray with cup cake liners and drop the batter in it
7) Bake for 12-15 min. Check after 12 min as bananas tend to cook faster
Ready to serve