The recipe is very simple but I think if you dont take care at each step it may yield different results, either become to thick and soggy or too watery. Either of which will not taste right.
1 cup vermicelli (crushed or broekn to smaller threads)
500 ml Whole full fat cream laden milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tspn crushed cardamom
a pinch of saffron threads
nuts (part crushed part chopped)
1 tspn Clarified butter/ ghee
1) In a deep pan, add the ghee and vermicelli and saute it until it is slightly colored. Stir continuously
2) Add half the milk, cardamom powder, soaked saffron and crushed nuts at this stage.
3) Keep stirring and let the milk reduces and the vermicelli are cooked
4) Now add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved
5) Reduce flame.
6) Add the remaining milk now or later while serving along with chopped nuts on top