The outcome was appreciated with two words – “its awesome”..i was done with the celebrations.
Personally they wer not at all close to what mom or MIL make but for first timer, they were not bad at all.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tspn salt
2 tbsp Chickpea flour/ besan
1 tspn crushed cashewnuts
1 tspn crushed almonds
1.5 cups grated jaggery (melt in microwave if required)
1 tspn poppy seeds
1 tspn sesame seeds
a pinch of nutmeg powder
1) Mix all the ingredients of the dough to make a soft pliable dough.
2) Set the dough aside to rest for 1-2 hours
3) Dry roast the besan, popy seeds, sesame seeds separately
4) Grind the poppy seeds, sessame seeds, almonds, cashewnuts to form a paste or powder
5) Mix with the jaggery to form a sticky dough.
6) Pinch equal number of balls of dough and stuffing
7) Roll out the dough and place the stuffing in the centre.
8) Close the stuffing and then roll it out gently to thin flat bread
9) Roast on hot griddle, dont flip often as it my break
10) Let it cool to form a crispy bread.