This was only on the last day of our beautiful trip in Goa, however what I very clearly remember are those funfilled days, before the marriage with the bride in tow, we went for trekking in the mountains, reaching the temple by road when the elders took jeeps and cars, and yet outdoing in pace, eating the delicious home made food by the bride’s mom daily to get done with the chore of filling the guest’s tummy and then letting us be. The evenings when the groom’s friends were sneaking us out to show the grandeur side of Goa, and the hip life.
For the next three days of BM # 26, I will recreate the beautiful dishes that aunty made for us using the fresh produce in goa…
2 cups Basmati Rice (or any other local rice you prefer)
4 cups medium coconut milk (Use 3 coconuts to extract the milk)
1 medium size onion thinly sliced
1/2 tspn cloves
1 tspn black pepper whole
1 inch cinnamon
2 tbsp cashews
1 tbsp Oil
1) In a large pan, heat the oil.
2) Add the onions, cashews, black pepper, cinnamon and cloves and saute till the onions are slightly browned
3) Next add the washed rice and stir in well.
4) Now slowly add the coconut milk continuously (though gently) stirring.
5) Reduce the stove flame to medium or low and cover the pan.
6) Let it cook till the rice is completely cooked.
7) Serve hot with xacuti or gravy of your choice.