It is a simple recipe to try and I am sure you wont mind gobbling down a couple of these yourself.
1/2 cup chickpea flour/besan
1/2 cup red millet/ ragi/nachni flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup maize flour
3/4 cup clarified butter/ ghee
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tspn cardamom powder
1/2 tspn saffron threads
2 tbsp crushed nuts (cashew, almonds, raisins)
1) In a pan heat the ghee till it has melted completely.
2) Add the flours one after the other in the sequence mentioned, chickpea, wheat, maize and then nachni, stirring continuously
3) When the flours are well cooked, the ghee will start oozing out from the edges. This may take upto 20 min for this much quantity. Remove from flame and let it cool down completely
4) Add the powdered sugar, cardamom powder, saffron threads and roughly chopped nuts and mix well
5) Form small balls and garnish with nuts.
Tip : If the mixture appears to be very dry , add some warm milk.