2 cups Khoya/ Mawa (milk solids)
1 cup APF/ Maida
1 tspn baking powder
1/3rd cup Milk
Oil to deep fry
for sugar syrup
500 gms sugar
1 cup water (250 gms)
1 tspn saffron threads/ kesar
1) Take the Maida and baking powder together and sift it
2) In a large basin, mix the maida and khoya and rub it well together.
3) Add milk to this mixtire and knead well. Ensure there are no lumps in it
4) Add more milk or water if required. The dough has to be very soft and should not stick to the palms when you roll them on greased palms
5) Make soft balls and keep aside
) In another pan, mix the sugar and water and boil it till the sugar has dissolved. Remove scum if anything floats on the top.Let it simmer for some more time.Add saffron threads and keep aside
7) In another pan heat oil for deep frying the gulab jamuns. Add the jamun, a few at a time. Fry till they have light golden color.
8) Remove them. Then drop them in warm syrup. Let it soak for 30 min minimum.
Serve hot or cold. Goes well with vanilla icecream, rabdi.
Logo courtesy : Preetidocument.write(”);