Banoffee Pie is such an easy peasy dessert that calling it a pie is like scaring away most of the cooks for no reason. It is a simple assembly of every day things that blend in with each other to make a beautiful and exotic dish.
Banoffee is a word used to combine banana and toffee together. It is indeed a banana based toffee. Growing up banana was my favorite fruit. So much so that I could consume a dozen in no time. My frail structure back then did no justice to my appetite. (Well, my little morsel appetite does no justice to my likeliness even now)
Coming back to the recipe and the source of its inspiration , you may have noticed that I have been using my tiny tart dish more often. The pie also made from the to do list to the have done recently thanks to the same dish.
3 bananas (regular- not the tiny cardamom flavored)
1 cup condensed milk
1 packet of digestive biscuits
1 tbsp butter
1 tspn brown sugar
1 cup whipped cream
1) In mixie, crush the biscuits with 1 tspn butter.
2) Grease the tart plate and pour the biscuit mixture. Using the back of the spoon press the mixture gently.
3) Place the plate in refrigerator until you do the other prep work
4) In a non stick pan, heat the remaining butter and sugar. Quickly add the condensed milk and stir it.
5) The moment there are bubbles forming on the top, switch off the flame
6) Chop bananas into small pieces.
7) Now, get the tart dish out of the refrigerator. Pour the condensed milk mixture.
8) Place the banana pieces evenly to cover the toffee layer
9) Now top it up with whipped cream.
10) Chill and then serve.