Whenever you happen to visit mumbai , you should plan a trip to the gateway of India and before boarding the ferry to faraway islands and caves, you should make a quick stop at the tiny joints of restaurants outside – not the 5 star or 7 stars…but the really tiny dingy places, and ask them to serve an omelette pav. If you are lucky to find such a place, then I assure you will never repent the decision…until then you can try this recipe…
Ingredients – for 1 serving per person
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
2 green chillies roughly chopped
2 tspn finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 pinch of red chilli powder
1 pinch of turmeric powder
1 tbsp butter / ghee/ oil
salt to taste
1) In a pan heat some butter and toss the onions and tomatoes to slightly roast it on high flame. This will absorb the moisture.
2) Add the green chillies and roast them till they are slightly blistered
3) In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with turmeric powder (This reduces the eggy smell from the omelette later) until it slightly frothy
3) Add the roasted onion and tomatoes with green chillies to the eggs
4) Next add all the remaining ingredients and beat well
5) In the pan add the remaining butter.
6) Pour the egg mixture and spread it in the pan.
7) Let it stand till the egg is slightly set on the top
8) Carefully flip over with a spatula
9) When done to your liking, remove.
10) Use the same pan to toast your bread or butter.
Also sending this to Valli’s Come Join Us for Breakfast event