The process is definitely tedious if you think about the layers but once you have done you would realise it was the most easiest recipes to try out.
BM # 41
Theme : Pick One Cook three
Star Ingredient Peanut
1 cup dark chocolate
1 cup semi sweet/ milk chocolate
1 cup roasted peeled peanuts
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup demerera sugar/ caster sugar
1 tbsp butter
a pinch of salt
1) In a nonstick pan, heat half the butter, sugar and let it simmer for 5 min. Do not stir unless it starts darkening
2) Toss in the peanuts and let them get coated. Sprinle with a pinch of salt and set aside. The peanuts at this stage should be slightly sticky but not overtly stiff
3) Now in another nonstick pan, heat the butter and condensed milk on low flame for about 5 -8 min. Stir occasionally. The consistency should be toffee like. Set it aside
4) Take a double boiler and mix the chocolates and heat them until they are completely melted. Avoid any contact with water else the chocolate may seize.
5) When it is melted, pour the chocolate in moulds of your choice. It should just be filled enough to cover the sides. Empty the excess by pouring it out.
6) Let is stand for 10 min to set
7) Next pour the condensed milk mixture,to fill up only upto half the mould.
8) Let this stand for couple of min
9) Next place the peanut mixture. Using the back of the spoon, slightly press it down.
10) Cover the remaining space with the chocolate to seal. You may melt the chocolate in microwave in small spurts if it appears to be setting
11) Place the moulds in refrigerator until they are set.
12) Remove from the moulds, wrap them and keep in airtight container in the refrigerator for 24 hours. After this you can keep them outside.