Almond meal in a cake is almost a fixed thing for me offlate, just love the almondy taste and nutty taste ,I would not mind a cake made of it alone but my lo prefers a dense soft cake so this recipe is adapted to his liking. I made up this recipe based on my trials and errors..so you need to try and tell me whether this meets your taste
1.5 cups APF
0.5 cups almond meal
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn corn starch
1 tspn vanilla essence
1.5 tspn baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
1/2 cup blanched almond slivers
1) Mix the APF, meal, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda.
2) In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar till it is fluffy and creamy. Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence and beat again
3) Add the dry mixture a little at a time and fold in well and ensure there are no lumps
4) Pour the batter a in greased bread tin. Brush with some butter, sprinkle with almond slivers on top
5) Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.