I made the new learnt scones and bought a few english muffins to go along and waited for him till he arrived.
4 cups All purpose flour
1 tspn cream of tartar
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 cups milk
1) In a bowl, mix the flour, cream of tartar , baking powder and butter and rub it well with the tip of your fingers.
2) When the mixture resembles bread crumbs, add the sugar and milk and knead to make a soft dough
3) Use some flour and roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
4) Use a cookie cutter and make small rounds.
5) Place on a greased sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 10 to 12 min. Brush the top with milk and return to the oven for a min.
Serve hot with jam, butter, clotted cream, cheese and a cup of hot english tea