I wanted to share this for a long time, the recipe is all over the blog but I need to prove to myself and to you that it works 🙂
Check the distinct 3 layers as seen below…despite the strong eggy smell this cake went out flying – it is more like the japanese sponge cake.
1 cup milk (lukewarm)
1/2 cup APF/ Maida
2 eggs separated
1/4 cup or 75 gms butter
1 tspn vanilla extract
Sugar to sprinkle on top (powdered of granulated)
1) Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and hold shape. Set aside
2) In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and butter until it is mixed well
3) Add the vanilla extract and gradually add the APF while beating.
4) Now add the milk in steady stream and keep beating it to blend well
5) Now add the egg whites using a spatula and fold it in gently until all of it is mixed well. Do not overbeat
6) Preheat the oven at 170c.
7) Pour the mixture in a greased 7 inch tin. This will be very liquid like batter- like a pudding
8) Now bake this for 45- 50 min until the centre is set
9) Remove and let it cool down completely. Invert it on a plate.
10) You should be able to see 3 distinct layers- crust, sponge and pudding like
Dust with sugar and decorate as you like