2 onions finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped cranberries
1 tbsp pickled chopped jalapenos
1 bread slice
2 tbsp grated cheese (mozarella + cheddar)
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
20 casings of Vol Au vent / Puff pastry cases
1) In a non stick pan, melt the butter on low-medium flame.
2) Add the onions and saute them on slow flame for 20-22 minutes until they turn golden/ amber in color. Keep sauteing occasionally
3) Add the cranberries, cheese and jalapenos next, Saute to 2-3 min
4) Blitz the bread slice and add it to the pan. The mixture will start resembling a lump.
5) Saute it on high flame for 2-3 min and then add then season with salt and pepper. Remove and let it cool down
6) Fill the vol au vents with the mixture and bake for 5 min in a preheated oven at 180C.