Despite this, these doner kebabs are different from the regulr pita sandwiches for two reasons, the stuffings used are slightly different like pickled cucumbers, fresh tomatoes not sliced but kept as wedges but most interestingly..the Kebab Sauce and Tabasco added to it. It is also accompanied with the french fries..
Also, it is not served with the regular pita sized pitas, but more often stuffed in a large wrap sized pita breads.
2 cups soaked chickpeas
1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander/parsley
1 tspn coriander cumin powder
1 tspn paprika
1 tspn crushed garlic
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 tbsp corn flour
salt to taste
1) Cook the soaked and drained chickpeas in 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Just 1 whistle if in pressure cooker and other wise al-dente (this is optional)
2) Let it cool down and then crush it in a mixie to grainy pulp
3) In a large basin, mix the onions, parsley and oil and crush it using a fork such that the parsely oozes some juices.
4) Now add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
5) Form small patties of the mixture
6) You can deep fry or shallow fry them until golden brown.
7) You can also grill it.
To make Doner Kebabs, stuff the falafels inside the pita breads with cucumber pickle, tomato wedges and Kebab Sauce or Mayonnaise.
Serve them with hummus